Friday, February 6, 2009

Day Number One

So, I hope that all who are reading know a little bit/lot a bit about me because I just finished typing a lonnngggg posting about my favorite philospoher, Immanual Kant, and my wrists/fingers/brain is a little sore. This is just a hello and welcome to this thing that the rest of the world calls a blog. A friend of mine suggested I start one, as I am constantly trying to keep up with emails, calls, and updates from the West Coast world and beyond. All I can really offer this world are my insights, perspectives on my everyday encounters, and hopes that someone might laugh once in a while or at least learn from my mistakes!

So, a little update for those who don't know. I am still out on the Wildcat, happy as all the horses who have gotten really fat this winter. I am only taking 15 units at UNC this semester, but I have to commute 4 days a week (the mileage is ghastly). However, I am pretty much attending for free after my scholarships and residency went through, and I feel that the tradeoff is immeasurable. So, for work, I still am a waitress at Dewey's Bar and Grill (best prime rib on the planet), which can be a struggle, but I also ride some outside horses here at the ranch, work for Justin Phinney, a cutter, a couple days a week (started some colts for him too), and then I occassionally head up to my friend Russell's, where I ride his horses and work with my pony, Cricket. My two horses, Betty and Steve, I have decided, are not going to be as broke as I want them anytime soon, but they are there when I need them! The best part is that I get to rope a lot, ride a lot, and spend plenty of quality time with... Ike! (my jack russell terrier). I am in a relationship, crazy about this guy named Luke, but occassionally deal with my own drama from people in the past.... maybe another day. I am a Christian who is trying to follow the right path, and sometimes it is a real struggle! I like it here, but miss California and always look forward to going back.

Today, I thought I had cheated the wind. Of course, anyone who has been out to visit me knows that the wind always blows here, even when it isn't, and that I (along with Pat, Larry, and Jordan) have been battling tumbleweeds the entire winter. After the long week I have had, and the long weekend I am going to have (headed to Castle Rock for two days to lope lope lope circles on cutting horses... the joy!) I thought it would be nice to give myself a restful Friday, full of laundry, dusting, and a good run. I was hoping to even ride my own horses. However, as I sat in the house, reflecting on the universal maxim that Kant tries to get us all to follow, I started to hear a dull roar that can only be translated in Weldona CO as wind (or, as Pat lovingly refers to it... W). So, that is the news for now. I can't gurantee that I will write every day, but I will try to check in and I hope that you all enjoy the journey along with me! Oh dear, I am a blogger!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment