Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Here We Go Again!

Hi All -

So I am sure that none of you have any fingernails left, as you have anxiously been sitting in front of your computer screens, gnawing at your nails in anticipation of my next blog. Never fear, cuticles! It has arrived!!

Ha ha so not much new in my world. I contacted the gal who previously owned my pony, and she informed me that there should be no way that Cricket is "with child (foal?)" However, in the slim chance that she is, she is bred to a Connemarra Pony stallion that is rather nice, and I should feel privileged to be the proud mother of one of his colts. Whatever. I think that she is pregnant, and good or bad, we will see come April or May I suppose!

On another note, the Colorado weather has been ridiculously nice and I am wearing a short sleeved shirt in February... weird! I have been putting in a lot of time in the saddle, as well as the running shoes, and even Ike looks like he is in better shape. School is keeping me busy when I don't want to do anything, so I guess that is good. I am so excited for my friend Mallory - she applied to grad school at CSU Fresno and got in - she is going to become a physical therapist and it seems that her dream is coming true! Yay! It is really inspiring.... hmmm... but not enough to make me stop procrastinating my homework and write a blog instead...

Been looking for a horse trailer and have met some rather interesting characters in the process. I think that my best bet is going to be to just go through a dealership, as craigslist can be entertaining, but sometimes frustrating. Why can't everyone be normal? When I respond to some of these listings, it's like I am surprised to actually reach an intelligent human being on the other end of the post. I know you all understand what I am talking about! As if farmers, ranchers, and horseman weren't crazy enough... you get the ones that actually know how to use craigslist and you have yourself a mess. Well, not always. I have learned a lot about what I DONT want and am now just trying to find something that matches what I DO want.

Still planning on coming home in May. Not sure of dates yet, but thank you for all of the employment suggestions. It is such an exciting time in my life - life is good and I can't help but count my blessings for all of the amazing people and situations I come across. Having a good time at Dewey's working... March madness is almost upon us so I hope that everyone is getting their brackets together. Headed to Texas for spring break... to drive back to Monterey... to fly back to Denver. Good thing I like the guy, huh? Thanks for humoring me and reading - and for all you rain hogs in California - SEND IT THIS WAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment